Tuesday, September 25, 2012

9 weeks!

The past few weeks I've definitely felt more pregnant and it feels more official. I came out to the uppers at work, my boss, the supervisors and more co-workers. We're still not on FB yet... we're trying to tell our closest friends first in person before they have to find out on FB.


My first appointment was last Thursday! I was so happy to be able to talk to my OB and get a piece of mind about everything. She was very informative and very patient with me as I went through and asked her all of my questions and expressed all of my concerns. I really am so blessed to have her as my doctor! I love her!


All of our appointments through November are scheduled! We did opt for the 12 week NT scan, mostly for the extra ultrasound and to be able to see our risks for Trisomy or any chromosomal defects. It's also another chance that Daniel will have to hear the heartbeat which is always an awesome thing. So in less than 3 weeks I'll be able to see our little baby again! October 17th cannot come fast enough!

Our baby is now officially a fetus!!! Hooray!!

Today I am 9 weeks 3 days, exactly one month from what is technically 2nd tri (13w3d), but I'll be happy to reach 12 weeks! It's such a large milestone and it feels good to be close to it!

Baby currently is the size of a green olive! (According to the bump)

Your Baby: Week 9

Your little embryo has now officially graduated to fetus-hood. Adding to the excitement, a Doppler ultrasound device might be able to pick up the beating heart. With basic physical structures in place and increasingly distinct facial features, baby is kind of starting to look like... well... a baby!

Symptoms: Fatigue... It has come back with vengeance! It left for a little and then came back and said "Tricked you!"
Nausea has subsided (let's hope this stays away and doesn't come back like fatigue did). I still have some food aversions though which is ok. As long as I stay away from them, I'm golden.
Still a little bloated, but still haven't gained any weight, so that's a plus!
I'm super stopped up.... well it's on and off for the most part. I find when I forget to take my prenatal I can finally go. Colace and I are best friends right now.
I'm also finding that I'm waking up to pee the same time almost every night. I can't go a full night without emptying my bladder. Which is ok... makes me more at ease for that extra symptom.
My boobs are still off limits. Totally sore and growing! I'm already a DD, I'm scared to think what I'll be at the end of this pregnancy....
Food Cravings: Mexican food. Imagine that! Before I was pregnant I craved Mexican on a regular basis... now it's just heightened.
What I'm most excited about: Our next ultrasound! Hearing the heartbeat again... maybe getting a nice "angle of the dangle" educated guess if baby cooperates. Being in the 2nd trimester. Coming out to more friends and family and taking our announcement picture and posting it on FB!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week. Just brainstorming really about all the changes we'll have to make in the coming months.
My Bump: Still more of a blump. I'm SO bloated.  I still don't look pregnant to strangers, but I find the maternity pants give me more of a "B" belly definition..... Here is my 9 week shot:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment