Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday morning scare...

So this morning around 10am, I’m at work. I go to the bathroom, tried to go #2  (I’m totally stopped up right  now) and nothing. I don’t know if I pushed too hard or something, but when I wiped there was bright red blood. A little too much blood to be considered spotting. Needless to say, I freaked the hell out and ran back to my office to call my OB.

They were able to get me in right away for a viability ultrasound and blood work. I literally had 20 minutes to get to a place that was 20 minutes away. They told me if I was late, they weren’t sure if they were going to be able to get me in again today.

Unfortunately when I went in to tell one of the supervisors since my boss is gone today, she was in a meeting with one of the other supervisors and I was already bawling. So I totally outed myself, which is ok. They both were very supportive and told me to leave and keep them updated. She said I didn’t have to come back today if it wasn’t good news.

So I called Daniel, he left work and we both hauled ass to the OB’s office. He got there too late to see anything, but I got my first surprise u/s! Everything was measuring perfectly. I’ll be 8w tomorrow and my EDD is still 4/27. The HB was a strong 174 bpm and I saw it on the screen and she let me hear it! It was the most beautiful experience. She printed me out one picture and didn’t even have to do a vaginal u/s which I was super surprised about. I think it was because she was in such a hurry.

She didn’t give me really any reasons why I would be bleeding but it has since stopped. Nothing ever showed up on my underwear and seeing the u/s I guess she wasn’t concerned at all. I did have to give some blood so I’m waiting on those results still. My first prenatal exam is next Thursday where I’ll see my normal Dr. and I’m going to express these concerns with her. But for now, our baby is healthy and growing and we couldn’t be more relieved.

I’m so sad though that Daniel missed it. He works about 10 minutes further from the office than I do and he was walking in as I was walking out. He had the most concerned look on his face and when I told him everything was ok I saw him visibly relax. His eyes got so sad when I told him I heard the HB and he realized he missed it, but I got to show him the picture and he was super excited again.

I was a freaking mess. I don’t think I ever prayed so hard in my life! But here is a picture of our little raspberry!





I'm happy we were able to get an early u/s, but I would have waited the extra 5 weeks to never feel that scared again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment