Tuesday, September 18, 2012

8 Weeks!

I can't believe I am well on my way to 9 weeks... that's really exciting! Especially after everything we went through on Friday... Seeing that heartbeat was seriously amazing.
Although, I am still waiting for the call from my doctors office to see what my HCG hormone levels were. On Friday evening the office called me saying they received the results from the labs, gave me my blood type (which I already knew) and then told me that according to the viability ultrasound, the pregnancy was viable, but then she told me, "We'll get the results back in a few days, in the meantime, TRY to have a good weekend!"
Well, the weekend was going to be much better enjoyed had she not said it like that. Daniel thinks I may be reading too much into it, but how can I not?
But I have to keep telling myself, today I have a healthy baby growing inside me, the heartbeat is strong and the doctor said she didn't have any concerns. The little raspberry was measuring right on track and I have not had any more bleeding.... so that is what is keeping me from stressing.
So we're at 8 weeks! Well technically... for some reason I find myself updating the blog on Tuesday's which is 3 days past the week change, so today I am 8w3d... but.... Baby is the size of a raspberry... (via the bump)

Doesn't that look delicious??

Your Baby: Week 8

Your baby is growing like mad, putting on about a millimeter every day and continuing to straighten out in the trunk. Though you can't feel it yet, baby is moving those little arms, legs and (now only slightly) webbed fingers and toes like crazy.

Symptoms: Fatigue...still. It has subsided for the most part, but I still find myself nodding off every now and then. My boobs still hurt, not as bad as they did in the first few weeks, but still pretty bothersome, especially in the mornings when I wake up.
Nausea has somewhat subsided. I still have some food aversions that I never had before... which is ok. I'd rather have that than be puking.
Still a little bloated, but still haven't gained any weight, so that's a plus!
I'm super stopped up.... well it's on and off for the most part. I find when I forget to take my prenatal I can finally go. Stool softeners are my best friends right now.
I'm also finding that I'm waking up to pee the same time almost every night. I can't go a full night without emptying my bladder. Which is ok... makes me more at ease for that extra symptom.
Food Cravings: I've been craving oranges... the fresh juice mostly is what I want. I did have a craving last night for re fried beans. Maybe it means I need more vitamin C and fiber in my diet. I still want Tito's. I can't wait till Christmas so I can finally have some!
What I'm most excited about: My appointment is Thursday... I'm hopeful to get some good news then. Maybe we'll be hearing the heartbeat again? Who knows. I am waiting for my doctors office to call me back so I can get my HCG levels... that will put my mind at east.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: I broke down and bought some maternity pants this weekend. They're SO comfortable. I also bought a bella band so I can still wear my pre-pregnancy jeans. I am down to one pair anyways so there really wasn't any point in buying more unless they were maternity. So maternity it was. 
My Bump: Still more of a blump. I'm SO bloated, especially last night when I took this picture. I also feel like the maternity pants and bella band define the blump a little more and make it more pronounced to actually look like a bump.... However I still don't look pregnant to strangers. Just fat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment