Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10 weeks!

I have exactly 3 1/2 weeks until the 2nd Trimester. That's really exciting! It gives me a piece of mind and hope that some of these symptoms will finally fade away. I really can't complain though, I have it better than a larger percentage of women who have morning sickness. I really should feel grateful and I do, but it will be nice to have some energy back and be able to eat again.

Two weeks from tomorrow is our NT scan! I'm excited to be able to hear the HB again and see our little baby in there moving around. S/he has fingers and toes now and moves her/his limbs around! I'm excited to see a baby shape in the u/s scan and not just a little blip.

We still haven't come out on FB yet. There are a few more friends we're waiting to tell in person first before they have to find out on FB. Also, I'm not going to lie, I kind of want to hear the HB one more time for some more reassurance to know everything is growing well in there....

Baby is the size of a prune this week! What an ugly little fruit.... let's say baby is the size of a kumquat... not a very nice sounding word, but it's a prettier fruit. However, the bump only has prune...


Your baby at 10 weeks:
  • Baby has working arm joints, and her cartilage and bones are forming.
  • Her vital organs are fully developed and they're starting to function.
  • Her fingernails and hair are starting to appear, too.
  • Plus, she's swallowing
I like that they're referring to the baby as "she' as that is what I think it is... we'll see
 in about 8 weeks!

Symptoms: Fatigue... STILL. Nausea came back this week....I puked for the first time! Lol....
The bloat kind of went away, and I lost 6lbs? Umm. Ok.
Pooping... what's that?
Peeing... I know what that is!
My boobs are still off limits. Totally sore and growing! I'm already a DD, I'm scared to think what I'll be at the end of this pregnancy....
Food Cravings: Mexican food. Imagine that! Before I was pregnant I craved Mexican on a regular basis... now it's just heightened.... and Mandarin Oranges...
What I'm most excited about: Our next ultrasound! Hearing the heartbeat again... maybe getting a nice "angle of the dangle" educated guess if baby cooperates. Being in the 2nd trimester. Coming out to more friends and and posting our announcement picture on FB!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week.
My Bump: Still more of a blump. Here is my 10 week shot... (Really 10w2d)


No comments:

Post a Comment