Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween! 14 weeks!

Happy Halloween!!

I am sporting my "skeleton baby" shirt today:



Today I am 14 weeks 4 days. Time is dragging and flying at the same time. It feels like I just found out that I was pregnant, but then again when I actually think about all that has happened since, it seems like forever ago. I'll take it. I don't want it to go too fast! I heard this quote that absolutely gave me chills...
 "Don't wish away the nine months that you get to assist God in a miracle."
Isn't that amazing? It's so true.

I've been playing with the home Doppler my friend let me borrow and we heard the heartbeat again at the doctor's office for my 2nd trimester check up.... it's down to the mid 160's.... both times were averaging 164-165... still kind of higher than most. It's a lot easier to find now that the baby is bigger and I've had some practice! It's never any less amazing each time I hear it.

I think sometime next month (November) we'll start looking for furniture for the baby. How exciting! I think once we find out if baby is a he or she, we'll also begin the registry. You can never be too early right? One look at a "must have" list and this girl went cross eyed.

Currently baby is the size of a lemon! (According to the bump, but according to me it's wrong. How can you go from a peach to a lemon? Our peaches are a lot bigger than our lemons. I think the bump has this one mixed up.)

Your Baby: Week 14


Your adorable little fetus is busy with thumb sucking, toe wiggling, and (not so cute but equally amazing) making urine and breathing amniotic fluid as the liver, kidneys and spleen continue to develop. Lanugo (thin, downy hair) is growing all over the body for warmth.

Wow, my baby has hair! Insane.

Symptoms: My boobs are still a little tender. Still peeing in the middle of the night. Constipation reared it's ugly head again. Ugh.
Food Cravings:  Salads with hard boiled eggs and croutons. Apples and apple cider.
What I'm most excited about: Picking out the baby furniture... decorating the baby room... Finding out of SHE is a SHE!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week...
My Bump: 14w4d
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment