Wednesday, October 24, 2012

13 weeks!

I can't believe I'm already at the 2nd trimester!! 1/3 of my pregnancy is already over. Sad! But also, that means we're closer to meeting this little baby!

I had an OB appointment on Monday morning. They told me that my blood results came back from the NT scan and that my Vitamin D levels were low so I have to take Vitamin D supplements. Currently my Prenatal Vitamins are only giving me 400 IUI a day, and my doctor is recommending that I take 1,000 IUI a day. She says it'll help with my energy levels. That totally makes sense! Kind of crazy though because I drink milk like it's going out of style. I probably drink a gallon a week or more.

So the good news was after they took the measurements of the baby and tested my blood, the risk of any Trisomy's (Downs or Trisomy 13 or 18) is 1:12,000. Super low risk! So that's very exciting to hear. Also I didn't hear, but I'm assuming that she tested negative for Cystic Fibrosis since that's what they tested for and she didn't say anything about that test. I'm just assuming it's a good result or I'm sure they would have gone over that with me at the appointment.

November 27th we'll find out if baby is a girl or a boy!! Like I've stated before, I've always had really strong girl vibes, but I always hear people keep telling me to not dream of that pink nursery just yet, so we'll see if I'm right or not. I've had a load of girl dreams and so far I've had two boy dreams. We'll see what that all means! I really can't wait to find out if she's a she or not! I think once we find out, we'll register for the baby shower.

So on Saturday I'll be 14 weeks. Crazy!!! Currently baby is the size of a peach! (According to the bump)


Your Baby: Week 13

Your fetus is forming teeth and vocal cords... savor this, their non-functional phase. Baby is approaching normal proportions, with a head now only one third the size of the body. Intestines are in the process of moving from the umbilical cord to baby's tummy. (Much more convenient.)

Symptoms: Fatigue... STILL. Kind of comes and goes, but hits hard at the 1:00-2:00pm mark.
The bloat ... except it feels different. It's harder and looks more like a baby bump!
BOOBS! They finally have some relief!
Food Cravings:  Salads with hard boiled eggs and croutons.
What I'm most excited about: Picking out the baby furniture... decorating the baby room... Finding out of SHE is a SHE!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week...
My Bump: Is that a bump I see??

No comments:

Post a Comment