Wednesday, October 17, 2012

12 weeks!

This was an extremely awesome week! We got to see the baby yesterday and got a few good pictures of her. Daniel was able to be there and he was also so amazed and everything we were able to see.

Before the appointment, they told me about an hour beforehand to drink at least a quart of water or juice. My appointment was at 8am so at 7am, I downed a quart of juice and tried my best not to puke it all up. Let me tell you, I was close a few times. By the time we got to the doctor's office, I was ready to explode. I don't think my bladder had ever been that full and where I had to hold it, on purpose! Not only that, but I knew that when my appointment started, on my bladder is where I would feel all of the pressure of the ultrasound wand and it would make me want to pee my pants even more. I couldn't even cough or else pee would come out.

So I get up on the table and she put the WARM gel on my stomach to start the ultrasound... the warmth did NOT help... Then she tells me my bladder is way too full and she can't see anything... UM, what??? She then asked me to go and let a little bit out to where "I'm comfortable." Well, the only point I would be comfortable would be to let it all out. So I ran to the bathroom and let some out. Man, did that feel good. I stopped myself, (yay, kegal strength!) and then went back to the room. Got back up on the table and she put the warm gel on my stomach again.... "Your bladder is still too full, but let me get some measurements first and then you can go and let some more out."

At this point my bladder was almost numb, she took measurements and I went back and let some more out. This time, a significant amount, almost to where I didn't think I had any more left in there. But I did. I got back up on the table and felt so much more comfortable! She then showed us our baby. So cute!! She was she just chillin' in there like she didn't have a care in the world. Well, she doesn't, but she looked so comfortable. She was relaxed with her legs bend and crossed at the ankles, needless to say, we didn't get a good angle of the dangle shot to take a sex guess...  However, we got to see the heartbeat flicker, arms moving, legs moving, we saw all 10 fingers! What a relief you feel once you see all the digits! All 4 limbs and everything... such a sight. Here are some pictures:


See those fingers on top of her head? She was waving!! Like "Hi, Mom! I'm good in here, stop worrying about me. I'm just being lazy!"  Look at that little stomach... I can't wait to kiss it!



Such a wonderful sight to see.... I can't wait till we can see her again! That will mean it will be our anatomy scan and we'll find out if SHE is really a SHE and I was right all along or if SHE is really a HE and my motherly instincts suck... Lol.

I go back to my OB on Monday for an appointment and hopefully my results from the NT scan, and hopefully will be booking our anatomy scan then too!

Today I am 12 weeks 4 days. Less than a week to the 2nd trimester! Currently baby is the size of a plum! (According to the bump)

Your Baby: Week 12

As you move into the second trimester, baby shifts into the growth and maturation stage. After weeks in the critical development stage, almost all of baby's systems are fully formed.

Symptoms: Fatigue... STILL. Kind of comes and goes, but hits hard at the 1:00-2:00pm mark.
The bloat ... except it feels different. It's more at the top of my rib cage.. like something is definitely there that wasn't before. Maybe my organs are being pushed up now?
BOOBS! They finally have some relief!
Food Cravings:  Mandarin Oranges and Mexican food. And oddly enough...beer.
What I'm most excited about: Picking out the baby furniture... decorating the baby room... Finding out of SHE is a SHE!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: We've started to look at baby furniture and talk about which room we're going to make the nursery.
My Bump: Nothing really to show... still kind of fat mixed with bloat. FLOAT? Lol...
Here is my 12w3d shot:



No comments:

Post a Comment