Friday, February 8, 2013

28 weeks!

I'm late to posting, but it's been a hectic week. We had a friend pass away this week. Our good friend Cheryl that we used to live with was married to an amazing man that was diagnosed with a brain tumor about 10 years ago. Around December of 2012 they stopped treatments because his body was just getting weaker and weaker. His health started to quickly deteriorate and he passed away February 1st. We attended his funeral this week and paid our respects to his family at calling hours the day before. So sad.... he was only 28. A year older than me. Him and Cheryl were the strongest couple I've ever known. She was his rock and vise versa. Even though everyone knew his prognosis, it doesn't make his passing any easier. Cheryl and his family and friends gave him an amazing rest of his life. Rest in peace, Ryan. You are already so missed.

On a happier note, and to prove that the Lord is still working miracles, our baby nephew was born the very next day! Simon William Burns was born February 2nd at 1:05am. My sister in law was amazing I hear and labored for nearly 20 hours, med free. All the power in the world to her! Lord knows after the first hour this girl would have been hooked up to some meds! He’s adorable, weighing in at 8lbs 9oz…. such a little bundle of joy.


Also this week, I moved out of my office and I am now upstairs in a cubicle on display to all of my employees... so it's a little hard to update at work which is what I usually did. Now I'll have to do it at home or on my lunch break. Boo...

In baby news... my ultrasound results came back and it turns out not only is my placenta still completely covering my cervix, but baby girl is still head up! Stubborn little thing....  I know she still has plenty of time to flip though. They’re talking c-section if my placenta doesn’t move by 30 weeks. The doctor said if at my 30 week u/s if the placenta hasn’t moved, chances are it will not move enough to have a natural delivery by the time I could start to dilate. It’s complete previa right now, not even marginal or partial, so if I start to dilate while the placenta is still completely covering the cervix, there is a great chance of hemorrhaging and having major complications during the birth… Apparently these have caused hysterectomies before, so they like to take the babies as close to 37-38 weeks as possible, obviously being closely monitored for any changes. So there's that.....

Daniel and I went to a newborn care class this weekend as well. It was pretty much all review of everything I knew about newborns. It was funny to watch Daniel give a fake black baby a sponge bath though… and swaddle and change their diaper. There were about 12 couples in the class and 10 of them were having girls… the other two couples were team green so they didn’t know what they were having, but both of them had girl instincts…. So needless to say by the time we got there the girl dolls were taken… we were given a cute little boy doll at first, but the nurse wanted us to practice on a girl so we had to switch with another couple and give them our boy doll and we were given the cutest little black baby doll… not gonna lie, I bonded a little. How could you not when you have to care for this little thing like it was real! Cuddling including….
After the class we were scheduled to go on walking tour/orientation of the hospital. However, because of the huge flu epidemic that is going around they have new visiting guidelines that are in place until the flu season is over.. so weren't able to actually look at the birth center and the rooms I'll be in. We only saw pictures. Right now they’re down to only allowing one designated person (Husband) and two visitors… and these visitors have to be the same two people the entire time I am in the hospital. They all get wrist bands and if they take them off, they’re SOL…. So since my parents are flying in, we chose my mom and dad as our two visitors, but that means that Daniel’s parents have to stay home until I get out of the hospital and wait to meet their granddaughter… and no other visitors. Don’t get me wrong, I completely understand why the hospitals are doing this, it would just be totally weird to have to make Daniel’s parents stay home. Sad! We’ve spoken to them though and they understand, I just really hope these rules will be lifted in time for us so we can go back to the regular visiting guidelines which is one designated person and then 5 other visitors that can interchange with each other…
I got my dress in the mail from Target, I did love it, however it was wayyyyy too big for me and the ruffles that were on the neckline made it look really awkward with a cardigan over it…. So I took it back. I got another one in the same color that was in the maternity category online that has a little different neckline, it’s made out of a different material and it has a little different look at the bottom with the way it falls. If this one fits and I keep it, I’ll post a picture of it. I don’t want to get attached!
Currently baby girl is the size of an eggplant.

Your Baby: Week 28

At week 28, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity.

Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, peeing every hour, heartburn, a little swelling here and there...  
Food Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies and most sweets... anything to do with chocolate and sweets.
What I'm most excited about: My baby shower!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nursery is about 90% done!
 
Here is my 28 week bump:
 
 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment