Wednesday, February 27, 2013

31 Weeks!

We have 8 weeks to go.... OMG! Let the countdown begin…..

I can’t believe how far we’ve come. Yesterday I had my 31 week check up and my doctor decided to schedule my c-section date… April 22nd at 7:30am! It’s crazy to think that’s when my daughter is going to born! It’s Earth Day too! And she’s letting me go as close to my due date as possible since so far I seem to be having no issues with the previa… so instead of being born a few weeks early, it looks like we’re only going to be about 5 days before our due date! That’s so exciting! Granted, that could all change…. If my body decides to go into labor before hand and or I start to bleed, chances are we’ll have an emergency c-section. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen!

OR if I go into my next ultrasound and the baby has flipped and the placenta has moved, my doctor will let me have a natural delivery. Who knows! It could still happen! I go in next Tuesday afternoon to check… she says if the placenta has moved enough to have a vaginal delivery, then they’ll try to flip the baby so I can deliver, but if the placenta hasn’t moved enough, chances are it won’t by the time we need it to and the date will remain the same. It’s still a waiting game, but it’s nice to know I have a spot reserved!

I was able to tell my parents too so they can book their flights. My dad has been asking me when the section will be so I was happy to give him a tentative (at least) date yesterday upon leaving the doctors. I’m excited to spend time with my mom and dad when the baby is here! And I’m excited for them to be able to spend time with their new granddaughter as well since they both live so far away! I am so blessed to have parents that are willing to travel across the country for me!

My mom comes in tomorrow for my baby shower! YAY!!! I get to pick her up from the airport in exactly 20 hours and 15 minutes! But who’s counting? Tomorrow I am working half day, picking her up from the airport, taking her to lunch and Starbucks and we’ll probably start the baby shower process… there are a few things she needs to pick up from party city… she’s been sending me boxes of stuff that she has purchased as far as décor and games go, but she made me wait to open the boxes! I’m dying to know what’s inside of them! They have been sitting in baby girl’s room for at least 3 weeks now! I’m excited to spend time with her!

Our honeymoon friends from Canada are also coming down this weekend! And so are their parents! Just for my shower… again so blessed! They’re coming down on Friday night so we plan on cooking them a nice meal and then spending some time with them. I can’t wait to see everyone!

My dress that I ordered from Old Navy came in and fits perfect, I don’t feel like a whale in it at all! It’s very comfy… I found a cute way to wear my hair.. kind of by accident, so I hope it works out for the morning of. I’m so excited! Packages have been being delivered left and right from various friends and family who live out of town that have been shopping off of our registry. I’ve been really good about not opening up the packages! However, some of the bigger items were shipped and not in boxes at all. I mean they were in boxes, but not outer boxes. It looked someone just bought the items and then dropped them at our doorstep. Our Canada friends sent us the Graco Pack N Play we registered for! It’s prettier in real life than it was online! My mom sent us the matching high chair too! My mom's best friends from her old job who have been long time family friends since before I was born sent me the mattress to baby girl's crib too! My best friend Alexis in CA sent us the bathtub we registered for, I got so excited to see it on our doorstep!!!

I’m not sure if I ever expressed my love for bath time. I don’t know what it is, the smells of the soap, a cute little wet chunky baby that is all fresh, the towels, all of the above.. but I am so in love with bath time! I love to bath babies, they’re so freaking cute when they’re in their little bath tub getting all fresh! And then they want to cuddle with you when they get out cause they’re cold! It’s seriously the cutest thing ever! I get so excited about anything that has to do with bath time! Daniel thinks I’m just weird, but when that bathtub showed up, I wanted to fill it with water and use it right then and there! Ok, maybe I am weird.

This child has been hiccuping the entire time I’ve been typing this… haha such a hilarious thing!

Currently she is the size of a pineapple!! Yikes!!!


Your Baby: Week 31

At 31 weeks, all of baby's five senses are working. Plus, she's going through major brain and nerve development.

Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, peeing every hour, heartburn, pelvic pain, CONSTIPATION is back with a vengeance, hemorrhoids (sorry, TMI) and holy crap am I feeling a TON of movement! I mean like constant... and my belly is showing it all the time now... I love it!  
Food Cravings: We're back to Taco Bell... if we ever left it
What I'm most excited about: My baby shower!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: We set up our pack n play... high chair... and getting the room more and more ready for her arrival!
 
Here is my 31w bump:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment