Wednesday, February 20, 2013

30 weeks!!

During Thanksgiving when my sister and brother in law came to visit, she was 30 weeks pregnant. I remember thinking, "Wow, 30 weeks!!" Now I'm there... so crazy! I can’t even believe how quickly the time is flying…. We have just over 7 weeks left (since they won’t let me go past 38 weeks)… It’s so crazy to think about. Crazy is really the only word I can use right now to describe it. Maybe surreal… insane….and completely amazing!! I can’t wait to hold this little girl in my arms…I can’t wait to kiss those feet that have been jumping on my bladder…. And I can’t wait to look into her eyes and feel all of the things that every mother feels the first time they look at their brand new baby. Chills, chills I tell you!

My mom flies in a week from tomorrow! I can’t wait to see her!! Our friends from Canada are driving down next Friday as well to spend the weekend with us too! I can’t wait to see so many loved ones in one place… it makes me feel so overwhelmed when people take the time out of their days just for me… it makes me feel so loved every time my mom tells me there is another RSVP confirming that someone else is attending. The thing I hate about showers is opening up presents in front of everyone. It makes me feel so uncomfortable. I feel undeserving and I hate when all of the attention is on me. I always feel like “Thank you” isn’t deep enough to express my gratitude for gifts from people… I feel like I can’t say thank you enough so I keep saying it over and over again in hopes they understand how much their thoughtfulness is appreciated. I’m really looking forward to the shower though, it’ll be great to see my house full of people I love!

So I’m well into my 3rd trimester and I feel like I’m back in my 1st trimester. I’m not AS tired as I was in the beginning weeks of my pregnancy, but lately my body just feels so… pregnant. Today I was feeling my stomach just stretching. I know that’s what it’s supposed to be doing, but my skin feels so tight, I’ve never been able to feel my stomach actually stretching before. Could be the pants I am wearing today though. I think I officially have to retire these jeggings… they’re not maternity, but they’re stretch jeans that have fit me up until now. They’re pretty tight and sitting at my desk all day I feel like they’re about to bust open. With just 7 weeks to go I’m not sure I want to buy another pair of jeggings, but they’re the only skinny jeans I have that fit with boots… we’ll see. Maybe I’ll find a good deal on them.

I’ve started to develop sciatica as well, at least that’s what I think it is. When I’m standing up for long periods of time or even walking around, the upper part of my right leg starts to go numb.. the first time I felt it I was standing in line at Pier One and it felt like I had something heavy in my pocket. Thinking it was my phone I patted my leg to see and I couldn’t feel my hand touching my thigh. It scared the ever living out of me, let me tell you. It doesn’t happen all the time and it’s not SUPER uncomfortable, but I am going to bring it up to my doctor when I see her next Tuesday.


This week baby girl is the size of a cucumber... I'm guess length?

Your Baby: Week 30

At 30 weeks, she’s not just moving a lot, she’s also plumping up. And as she continues to put pressure on your digestive system, you’re going to feel the effects: hemorrhoids, heartburn, pelvic pain and frequent urination are all common at this stage in the game.

Check...check...check...and check....

Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, peeing every hour, heartburn, pelvic pain, CONSTIPATION is back with a vengeance, hemorrhoids (sorry, TMI) and holy crap am I feeling a TON of movement! I mean like constant... and my belly is showing it all the time now... I love it!  
Food Cravings: Nothing really sticks out...
What I'm most excited about: My baby shower!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week... although my parents are starting to look up plane tickets to come to see me when she's born... how exciting!!
Here is my 30 week bump:


No comments:

Post a Comment