Wednesday, January 30, 2013

27 weeks!

Whoo hoo for the 3rd trimester!! I seriously feel like the minute I hit the 3rd tri, my body was like "Ok, let's amp up these pregnancy symptoms!" For reals... I'm feeling more and more pregnant with each passing day. It's ok, I'm counting my blessings! I'm not complaining by any means, just very surprised that my body didn't waste one second. Kind of funny...

Tomorrow I have another ultrasound to check on my placenta, I'm not gonna lie, I am more excited about seeing our baby girl more than anything! I guess tomorrow if my placenta hasn't moved they may schedule another ultrasound at 30 weeks to check to see if it's moved at all and then from there they'll decide if I am going to have to have an early c-section or not.... I really don't care either way, whatever is the healthiest option with less medical risks!

The nursery is coming along, we painted, all of the furniture is together and in place, shelves are hung and some decor is already in it's place! It looks kind of naked still because the things we registered for obviously we don't have yet... so the crib is without a mattress and bedding, the windows don't have any curtains and there is only a small little cushion on the changer. It's the one that came with it, but we registered for a more plush one. We also have to wait 2 weeks from the day we painted the room to apply the decal to the wall, so once that's up, I'll post pictures. It's really coming along though and it's everything I imagined it to be. I love it!

My mom booked her flight for my shower, she'll be here in exactly 29 days! I can't wait to spend some quality time with her! I am taking a half day on the day she flies in since she gets here at 12:30 and then the next day is Friday which I'm taking off. I can't wait!!

I bought my shower dress today too, I got it on sale at Target with some shoes that were on clearance! I am excited I get to wear sandals! It'll still be pretty cold for sandals, but the shower is in my house so I won't have to worry about it. Sandals are also a good excuse for a pedicure.... something fun to do with my mom too!

Here is a picture of my dress... I plan on wearing either a jean jacket or a white cardigan to go over...

And these are the sandals I got to wear with them.... a total steal at $7.50, and I can wear the heck out of them during the summertime!


Soooo excited!!!

Also, things have started to get rolling with HR at work as far as my FMLA and Maternity leave go... Depending on when I deliver I'll be back to work about mid June. It looks like I'll  be taking some time off to extend my leave too, so that may change to later in June. We already have our first summer vacation planned! We're renting a lake house in the Finger Lakes June 8th through the 13th with Daniel's entire family! I am so looking forward to it! It'll most likely be the first time any of Daniel's family meets the baby since they all live far away! Our new little nephew (who is supposed to be making his arrival Feb 4th) is going to be there also! It'll probably be the first time baby girl meets her cousin outside of the wombs anyways. We'll have to get her a cute little bathing suit! So that'll most likely be my last hoorah before going back to work.. I'm already dreading it and I haven't even left!

This week our girl is the size of a Rutabaga (wtf is that??)

Your Baby: Week 27

At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity.
  • She's practicing inhaling and exhaling with her rapidly developing lungs.
  • It's official: Baby's showing brain activity! And her brain will keep on getting more complex.
Ahhh, the homestretch!!

Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, peeing every hour, heartburn, a little swelling here and there...  
Food Cravings: Chocolate chip cookies and most sweets... anything to do with chocolate and sweets.
What I'm most excited about: My baby shower!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nursery is about 90% done!
 
Here is my 27 week 4 day bump:
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment