Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Week 5

Can I tell you, I am literally counting down the days until our first appointment! I can't wait to hear the heartbeat and be able to see our little peanut on the screen! I can't wait to finally see what the heck is going on in there.

We're at week 5 now. Currently baby is the size of an Appleseed! (According to the Bump)

Your Baby: Week 5

Your embryo (looking kind of like a tadpole) is starting to form major organs (heart, kidney, liver, stomach) and systems (nervous, circulatory, digestive). Baby's presence in your uterus triggers production of hCG (the hormone detected by pregnancy tests)... which triggers production of other hormones like estrogen and progesterone... which trigger all those great symptoms you've probably been noticing!


Symptoms: Sore breasts have finally subsided somewhat. I'm having a little more heartburn, mostly in the mornings. I'm super tired, like I seriously would give anything to sleep all day. I'm taking more naps, which if you know me, you know that is so out of character. I'm also still super bloated.
Food Cravings: Nothing really.
What I'm most excited about: I am so excited for our first appointment! It's a month from Thursday! However, I like to say 4 weeks, it sounds shorter.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Still working on my fluid intake. It's so hard to drink that much fluid when you have to! I also got my first baby item this week! I got a really good deal on an Eddie Bauer baby bouncer from a 2nd hand store. Normally I would be hesitant to buy baby items from a 2nd hand store, but it was practically new. Not a stain on it! The reviews I've read are great and lots of mama's that I've talked to said they used the bouncer all the time. So I'm excited about it! 
My Bump: More like bloat. I took a picture last week compared to this week, same time of day and everything and I can tell I am super bloated just by looking. You might not be able to, but I certainly can tell. Not to mention, my pants feel tighter and I'm already doing the hairband trick! Hopefully this eventually goes away. It's not comfortable at all.
 (I know comfort doesn't come hand in hand with pregnancy, but this early?? Come on!)




No comments:

Post a Comment