Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Confirmation Appointment... Week 3 and 4

After telling our families the news, I called my doctors. They had me just walk in to do a confirmation pee test and talk to a nurse about the do's and don'ts of pregnancy. I went in on Friday August 17th. Had to pee in yet another cup and got another positive!

Also, I got my due date: April 27th, 2013! Yay, spring baby!

My first prenatal appointment is September 20th. The day after my birthday! I hope they do an u/s!

Week 3: Baby is the size of a Poppyseed! (according to the Bump)

Your Baby: Weeks 3 and 4:
In week 3, sperm meets egg, and voila: conception! Your little zygote sets off on a six-day trek through your fallopian tubes, dividing and redividing into identical cells as it travels to your uterus.
 In week 4, now safe in your womb, the ball of cells (blastocyst) splits in two, becoming the embryo and the placenta. The amniotic sac and fluid are forming around baby, and will act as a cushion for the next eight months.

Symptoms: Sore breasts, fatigue, increased appetite, crazy bowel movements, super vivid dreams, and bloating like you wouldn't believe.
Food Cravings: Eggs. That is the only craving that I have noticed. I've killed half a carton in 3 days.  
What I'm most excited about: Everything in general. It's still all so new to me. I'm excited about everything to come! Hearing the baby's heartbeat for the first time, my first ultrasound, telling more people! It's all so exciting and I feel so blessed.
Something I've done to prepare for baby: I've started watching what I eat. I cut out coffee completely, (I know they say a little is ok, but I think I'll feel more comfortable doing it in the 2nd trimester.) I cut out alcohol, duh. I'm starting to up my fluid intake, eat more protein, vegetables and also take prenatal vitamins.
My Bump: I took a picture just for comparison sake.... I guess this can be considered a pre-pregnancy picture since there is really no change from a day to day basis. The baby bloat had kind of subsided so I was able to take a nice picture for comparison.


No comments:

Post a Comment