Friday, March 22, 2013

34 weeks!


We have 4 weeks and 1 day to go... as of today. INSANE! I feel like I’ve been pregnant for forever, but then again, I feel like it’s seriously flown by.

I also have a love/hate relationship with being pregnant. I love that I am assisting God in the greatest miracle of all time.. a human life is forming inside of me and I’ve done almost nothing to help it. My body has taken over preparing for this baby, helping her grow and feeding her the nutrients she needs to be healthy. On the other hand, I hurt all over! While my body has kicked into overdrive nurturing this child, it’s put my comfort on the back burner. Everything just hurts, doing the most simple task is a chore, I can’t wait to get back to normal! I know that I am going to miss being pregnant though. The thing I think I’ll miss the most is the feeling of her moving around and how it’s only between me and her, unless someone by chance looks at my belly at the right time, I love that it’s almost like our little secret. Again, unless she has a power punch/kick and it makes me wince or say “Ouch!” in the middle of a conversation, which is starting to happen more and more.

I also can’t wait until she’s out, safe in my arms, and I don’t have to worry about going into labor early anymore, or what happens if I see blood, or what happens if I have cramps that I can’t handle anymore, or what happens if I’m not packed and she decides to come early?? Of course, then I’ll have other things to worry about… but we’ll cross that bridge when we come to it. Pregnancy is a such a wonderful thing, but SO worrisome at the same time, it’ll be a HUGE relief to have her in my arms so I can see her.

I scored on some baby clothes this past weekend and then again during the week. I went with my friend Jenn (who finds out if her baby is a boy or girl next Thursday!!) to a “mom’s club” sale at her grandma’s church. I got sooo many adorable outfits (I think about 15 to be exact)… 3 swaddle blankets…2 bassinet sheets….a new bobby pillow… and pair of maternity yoga pants.. all for a whopping $26!! Score!! Then on Tuesday I went to Once Upon A Child, they sell gently used baby gear/clothes, etc… and I got baby girl 4 pairs of jeans, 20 onesies (some long sleeve and some short sleeve), 2 bathing suits, a terry cover (for our summer family vacation in June), and 3 outfits all for $50… not as good of a deal as the garage sale, but still awesome!

Here is a snapshot of all of the clothes that I bought:





This one deserves it's own picture because it's Sleeping Beauty and it was .50... BOOM!


I also bought these off of eBay for our maternity shoot, and because she has to have a pair for every size her foot is going to be:


I also went to BBB this past weekend and bought clothing size separators for her closet, they really came in handy! Here is a pic of her closet so far… I need to get more hangers and hang the rest of the clothes up…



Also, we were never able to do those maternity pictures with my mom the morning of the shower so this Sunday a friend is coming over to snap a few shots of us at the same place that we took our wedding pictures, I can’t wait!!

This week baby girl is the size of a butternut squash… (ok these fruits are seriously getting out of control, I think they just ran out of comparison fruits??)

Your Baby: Week 34

At 34 weeks, you might breathe a little easier, since baby may descend lower into your pelvis and give your lungs some space. (Ahh!) The pitfall of this descent, of course, is even more pressure on your bladder, so be prepared to make even more trips to the ladies room over the coming weeks.

(They ARE NOT kidding)

Symptoms: Back pain, hip pain, peeing every hour, heartburn, pelvic pain, some constipation still...and still feeling tons and tons of movement... kidney pain...hot flashes, headaches and bloody noses like woah!
Food Cravings: Fish Taco's
What I'm most excited about: April 20th!!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Last night Daniel and I washed and sterilized all her bottles, cups, pacifiers, and all of my breast pump accessories... all ready for use!!

Here is my 34 weeker:



No comments:

Post a Comment