Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Week 16 and 17!

Kind of a crazy week, I completely forgot to update last week and just decided to combine the two weeks. I'm totally thrown off right now, so many random things happening at once. First, we find out if baby is a boy or girl in 5 DAYS!! What??

Thanksgiving is TOMORROW! Wasn't it just a few weeks ago it was August and I was peeing on sticks?? I have the next week off for the Thanksgiving holiday and I also took Monday and Tuesday off bbeeccauuseeeee....

One of my best childhood friends flew into New York last night to surprise me!! Apparently her and my sweet husband have had this "Operation Surprise Teddi" thing going on since freaking September! I am not one that can easily be surprised, I'm pretty skeptical and pretty darn sneaky. Kudos to them for pulling this off, I seriously had NO CLUE.

Last night in the middle of the night, closer to 1am, my bedroom light flips on and I wake up (apparently yelling obscenities) and my bestie is saying "Hi Friend!!" And my father in law was standing there videoing my reaction... It took me a while to come to and realize what the heck was going on. I just sat there staring at them for a good 2 minutes until my father in law goes "Wake up, this isn't a dream!" So crazy, I am still in shock. So she'll be here till Tuesday and she gets to be here when we find out, so awesome!

Here is Becky.... friends since age 6/7... met in Sunday School



Sooo yeah, needless to say, I can't concentrate right now.

That could also be baby brain too, because I have found in the past few months that it is indeed real. Poop. Like I wasn't enough of a klutz already!

Last week the baby was the size of one of my favorite fruits... an Avocado!

Your Baby: Week 16

Watch what you say... tiny bones forming in baby's ears mean the little one can now pick up your voice. Eyebrows, lashes and hair are starting to fill in, and taste buds are forming. And, if you're interested, an ultrasound might be able to determine gender.

Ahh s/he can hear me!!

Currently baby is the size of an Onion....

Your Baby: Week 17

Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. The umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes are now topped by one-of-a-kind prints.

Crazy insane how much the baby is growing!

Symptoms are the same from week to week so I'll just combine the two:

Symptoms: Headaches.... kind of subsiding, but still there.
Food Cravings: Nothing really that stands out.
What I'm most excited about: TUESDAY!!! The Anatomy Scan... totally excited..
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Nothing really new this week...
My Bump:
 
Here is 16 weeks:
 
 


Here is 17 weeks:



No comments:

Post a Comment