Thursday, November 29, 2012

18 weeks and It's a.......

BABY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow.... it seriously feels amazing to know I have a beautiful baby girl growing inside of me. We took a last minute gender reveal picture to post on FB....


The scan went well as far as I know. I do have to go back in 2 weeks for another ultrasound because they didn’t a good measurement of her heart. I did see 4 little chambers beating though so I think that’s a nice reassuring vision to keep. I just keep looking on the bright side, at least I get to see our baby girl again. Maybe this time I’ll get a different tech and we can get more pictures! The same tech I always get just gives me two little ones… I want the ones of her feet that they took too. Those cute little feets that I can’t wait to kiss!

I was so nervous going into the appointment. I just wanted to see a healthy baby in there with the heart beating away. She was super active! The tech asked us if we wanted to know what we were having, of course we did! She told me that they usually didn’t look for the sex until after the scan was complete. However, she got a pretty good shot of the inside of the legs (the money shot) closer to the middle of the scan and asked us “Do you see those three little lines in between the legs?.... Looks like it’s a girl!” I cried so hard. I was shaking the table and the tech had to remove the wand until I stopped crying. She goes “This is why we don’t tell you until the end, here are some tissues.” Lol…. I don’t care, I was so happy to finally know! After she showed us that shot, she showed us another really clear shot and froze the screen and goes “Here we go, there’s the perfect shot right there! Congrats on your girl!” I was ecstatic.  Daniel was so happy too, he kept kissing my hand the whole time afterwards.

My visit with my friend was really fun, she was happy to be there for our appointment. I called my sister before we came out to the waiting room and told her that it was a girl. My mom and my sister were also convinced baby was a girl, so they weren’t very surprised, but also very happy.

I got our first little outfit for her! I’m thinking it’ll be a nice take home outfit. I just have to get some hand covers and a nice little hat for her to wear. We already have the perfect little grey shoes to go on her… they were the ones we used in our reveal picture.


We also got two more pictures of our sweet girl!

That is so my chin....

She's waving again!! 

We are thrilled. I can't wait to meet her!!

This week, she is the size of a sweet potato! (According to the bump)

Your Baby: Week 18

Your fetus has become amazingly mobile (at least compared to you), passing the hours yawning, hiccuping, rolling, twisting, kicking, punching, sucking and swallowing. And, baby's finally big enough that you'll be able to feel those movements soon.

Symptoms: No real symptoms to report... other than peeing a lot. 
Food Cravings: We're back to Mexican food...
What I'm most excited about: Registering!!
Something I've done to prepare for baby: Bought our first outfit...
My Bump:  Here I am at 18w4d:


No comments:

Post a Comment